Hawthorne Academy for Gifted Students
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seraphine Simmons

3 posters

Go down

Seraphine Simmons Empty Seraphine Simmons

Post by Lillian Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:54 pm

Name: Seraphine Simmons

Years at Academy: New to camp

Family: Seraphine's parents, Kai and Akiane Simmons, and her brother, Carter Simmons, are deceased. She currently lives with foster parents Maria and Tony Clark.

History: When Seraphine was born, she wasn't crying. This was a very strange phenomenon, which usually indicates that the infant isn't breathing, but Seraphine was breathing perfectly. Her parents and doctors alike marveled over her at this moment. Her differences would certainly not be limited to that. Kai and Akiane were experimental researchers. They travelled all over the world to various labs. Seraphine, though young, learned everything she could from her parents, and was actually almost able to keep up with them, for she was incredibly intelligent.. She rarely spoke, preferring to keep to herself, but she admired her parents and adored her younger brother. He had cerebral palsy and had to ride in a wheelchair. He was the only person she really ever opened up to. She loved her parents, but they were often busy. Carter, however, was her, as she liked to call him, 'minion'. She protected him at absolutely all costs.

When Seraphine was 10, she was outside the lab her parents were currently working at in Africa, collecting water samples for an experiment she was doing. She had not brought Carter with her, because he was asleep and she didn't want to wake him. While she was taking samples, she felt a strange sensation running through her, which she would later learn was her wisp bonding with her. Moments later, the lab was bombed by terrorists. Being about a mile away in the woods, she wasn’t hit, but heard the noise, saw a black cloud of smoke rapidly approaching her. She, though she would usually have fifty thoughts rushing through her mind, froze. She then heard a voice. She thought she was hallucinating, but the voice did help her get away so she wouldn’t asphyxiate. She was found by rescue workers and taken back to the US, where she was put into foster care. The death of her parents and brother took a toll on her. She blamed, and still blames, herself. She constantly lives in guilt, though she tries to hide it. In her mind, emotions are useless. She thinks they will get her nowhere, so must be avoided completely. Her guilt lied deep down in her hard, hidden. It was not felt sharply, but was more of an incessant throb.

After she bonded with her wisp, she became even smarter. She was a genius before hand, but now her intelligence was even greater. She began to notice she had certain abilities, and she realized she effectively had a person living inside her head. Her wisp became a friend, an advisor, a counselor. She remembered life without him, but she didn’t know how she stood it.

She moved from foster home to foster home, each one sending her away because they she had no care for rules and was always making trouble. She didn't obey, preferring to do whatever suited her. She was not particularly sociable, and always had the look of being up to something, because she was always up to something. She became more and more practiced with her gifts, getting more and more skilled everyday. The great thing about her specific powers was that nobody knew that she was using them. As time went on, she became more and more detached, became more and more reclusive. She was excluded in the school setting simply because she was intelligent and creepy. She didn’t learn anything in the classes, even though she was in the most advanced ones available. She became more cold, more manipulative. Her grief never left her, but she became more skilled at ignoring emotion.

Eventually, after living with many, many, families, she found one that kept her. They were mostly in it for the money, but they were more open-minded than most of the people she had lived with. They said to each other simultaneously when she arrived, “There’s something special about her.” They didn’t realize how right they were. She never became close to them, but they liked her, so she didn't dislike them. She had lived there for about 6 months when academy agents approached the house one Saturday morning. Seraphine was skeptical at first, but being an conduit for the thing in her head, which was a wisp, actually made a lot of sense. The Clark family was quick to accept the offer of sending to the school. They found it wonderful that their foster daughter was different. Now, here she is, about to begin school here.

Physical Appearance: Seraphine has pitch black hair. Some strands of her hair are naturally curly and others are straight, which creates a rather unique look. She has calculating green eyes and wears glasses. She has very pale skin, though she spends most of her time outdoors. She is tall and of average build. She pays very little attention to her hair, not really doing anything with it at all. She brushes it say, once a week, for she simply can’t be bothered with it. She rarely shows emotion on her face. Her clothes are comfortable and practical, not at all meant to impress.

Personality: Seraphine, at first impression, seems to lack a personality at all. She hides her emotion behind a cold emptiness. She generally appears to be cool and calculating. Inside, however, she is complex and troubled. She is in constant inner turmoil with herself. She tries to convince herself she should ignore her emotions, but Calcifer tries to convince her that she shouldn’t. Some part of her believes that he is right, but the other part is louder. She is very cunning and has dry, sardonic sense of humor. She finds talking, and in general, people, to be a waste of time, so she mostly keeps to herself. She is incredibly observant, noticing absolutely everything.

Wisp: Seraphine’s wisp is named Calcifer. He chose her because he deemed her a conduit of ‘sufficient intelligence and great potential‘. He is constantly mocking the world, and has a sort of dry, sardonic sense of humor, which he shares with Seraphine. Most people would find him ridiculously annoying and hard to get along with, but the two quite get along. She didn’t accept it in the beginning, she now realizes that he is wiser and more experienced than she is. He is her guide; her confidant, something of a parent she doesn’t have.

Wisp Class: Sage

Powers: Seraphine has the gift of reading and manipulating people’s thoughts. She is incredibly intelligent, though she was even before she bonded with Calcifer. When she bonded with Calcifer, her IQ didn't actually raise, but she learned to apply her intelligence. She became more cunning and manipulative, not just book smart. She sees a glimpse of someone’s thoughts just by being in their presence. She can look into someone deeply and scan their thoughts and memories, but this takes more focus and energy. She can also manipulate people’s thoughts and memories, but again, this takes more focus. People can't normally tell when she is doing it and block her, but with experience, they can learn to.

Weakness: Seeing everyone’s thoughts, on top of her already constantly racing thoughts and noticing everything, proves quite overwhelming. Seraphine experiences everything intensely. Because of this, she is prone to overloads that she can not control. So much information entering and being processed by her brain causes it to panic or shut down. These are quite distressful, and could be even more problematic, if she was, say, in a battle when one happened. She has never been seen while having one, for as her powers grew, and thus the frequency of her sort of attacks did as well, she became a bit more skilled at knowing when they were coming, though she still has trouble.

Talents: Seraphine is incredibly smart. She was even before she bonded with Calcifer, though she is more so now. She is skilled at anything that requires strategy and cunning. She has a genius IQ and an eidetic memory. She soaks up information like a sponge and is easily able to analyze and apply it. She is constantly planning ahead. Her thoughts move incredibly, incredibly quickly, and she is always thinking about many different things. She sees patterns almost automatically, therefore is able to learn easily. For example, she taught herself to read when she was two by automatically connecting the sounds she heard with the letters she saw. She reads a lot, for she enjoys to learn. However, since bonding with Calcifer, she enjoys planning even more. She is constantly plotting and strategizing and solving made up puzzles, because without something to focus her mind on, she will much more easily experience overload.

Other: N/A

Last edited by Seraphine Simmons on Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:43 pm; edited 4 times in total
Lillian
Lillian

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Seraphine Simmons
Academy Rank: Beginner

Back to top Go down

Seraphine Simmons Empty Re: Seraphine Simmons

Post by Axel The Bunny Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:33 pm

Ok there are a few problems with this that need to be fixed before you can rp

1. I need you to define "really smart," "genius", and "increased intelligence" because those are all pretty vague descriptors

2. I need to know when the wisp bonded with her. generally the age range for when a wisp bonds with a conduit would be 10-15. so try to keep that in mind. you don't have to give me every little detail just an age she bonded with it at or something.

3. In the foster system the foster family generally needs a good reason to kick a kid out. "creepy" and "having a bad feeling" are not good reasons.

Fix those things and you should be good to go.

(Also just a note on your powers, since experienced espers are trained to fight all types of spectres I'm gonna say that they probably have mental training to resist your manipulating their thoughts, and can probably tell when your picking through their minds. this is  to make sure the power doesn't become to OP just keep that in mind when you use it on anyone with 2 or more years at the academy.)
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny
Psychotic Bunny
Psychotic Bunny

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Axel Stone
Wisp Class: Matter
Academy Rank: Advanced

Back to top Go down

Post by Lillian Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:26 pm

Okie doke. Sorry about that. I have made her more of a trouble maker, so that should (I think) explain she moved around a lot. I did in fact say she bonded with her wisp at 8 before. I wasn't sure what age, so I said that. Now I have changed it to 10. I hope that it is alright for her to be very intelligent. I've elaborated on that in the 'powers' and 'talents' sections. I will be sure not to make her OP. Hopefully it is alright now. Thanks a bunch!
Lillian
Lillian

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel The Bunny Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:48 pm

I think it's supposedly impossible for a one year old to teach themselves to read. Because the brain is not yet developed enough. If im remembering my psyche class correctly. You can learn to read at 1-year old. but Self taught is rather ridiculous. other than that it looks good now to me. 
fix that and your approved.  wait for Jake to comment though.
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny
Psychotic Bunny
Psychotic Bunny

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Axel Stone
Wisp Class: Matter
Academy Rank: Advanced

Back to top Go down

Post by Lillian Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:44 pm

Alright. I changed it to two years old instead. I am positive this is possible, for I taught myself to read when I was two and have read numerous accounts of others doing so as well. Thanks!
Lillian
Lillian

Main Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel The Bunny Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:46 pm

ok then wait for Jake to approve before RPing

Approved
Axel The Bunny