Hawthorne Academy for Gifted Students
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Not Fall Out Of A Tree (Ax and Jake and maybe other people)

3 posters

Go down

Let's Not Fall Out Of A Tree (Ax and Jake and maybe other people) Empty Let's Not Fall Out Of A Tree (Ax and Jake and maybe other people)

Post by Catigatoroala Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:49 am

Cat's right leg dangled off the side of the branch. Her other leg was folded in front of her. Her fingers plucked idly at her ukulele while she stared at the light filtering through the red and orange leaves of fall. The air was calm, save for the occasional breeze, and aside from the notes being played by the instrument in her hands and the soft rustling leaves, everything was quiet.
     {We really shouldn't be up here.}
     Cat's hands immediately moved to cover the strings, stopping the music. She felt a twinge of annoyance, which she pushed away quickly. Unfortunately, burying the fleeting irritation did nothing to hide it from the one who had spoken; after all, sharing a mind with her, Claudia had sensed it the moment Cat felt it.
     And why not? she asked the wisp.
     {You could fall.}
     Oh, dear, wouldn't that be a shame.
     {You're right, it really isn't. I've been hoping for the chance to find a new Esper anyway.}
     Hurtful.
     She put the sarcastic exchange on hold in favor of playing her ukulele again. She could feel Claudia's impatience pressing against the back of her mind as she went through the intro tune to the song Iris, but let the last note ring out before turning back to the wisp.
     Well? she asked.
     {You should be more careful,} Claudia chastised.
     Cat rolled her eyes. Yes, because nothing is more dangerous than sitting. Before Claudia could cut in again, she noted, And this branch is clearly large and sturdy enough for one person. Not to mention that I know how to land safely if it did break. You just worry too much.
     {Yes, because you've never worried over something that could be considered trivial.}
     Of course not.
     {Hmph.}
     Cat smiled wryly to herself. Just relax, Claudia. I'll be fine. I've got you to help me, don't I?
     Claudia seemed a little reassured by this. Her presence withdrew a little, and the brown-haired girl in the tree continued playing.

Last edited by Catigatoroala on Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:30 am; edited 3 times in total
Catigatoroala
Catigatoroala
Axel's Chair
Axel's Chair

Location : Right behind you, stealing your taxi. Don't have one? Exactly.

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Catryn Greyling
Wisp Class: Sage
Academy Rank: Intermediate I

Back to top Go down

Let's Not Fall Out Of A Tree (Ax and Jake and maybe other people) Empty Re: Let's Not Fall Out Of A Tree (Ax and Jake and maybe other people)

Post by GeneralArin Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:57 pm

Jake was happily trotting through the park, being a general nuisance.
Because today, Jake was a bear. He nosed into the picnic basket that some unsuspecting couple quickly vacated. Wow, these guys had a whole ton of stuff-- spaghetti, some packaged snacks, biscuits, little ketchup-packs of honey and jam. Jake tugged those out and clawed it open to lick out the sweet topping inside.
He and Wayne felt like being a black bear, for no particular reason. Partially for seeing people's reactions. There were those who freaked out and ran, and others who pulled out their phone and snapped a picture. He made sure to give them a nice pose. That'll get likes on Facebook.
And then he had been distracted by food.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
Snarkerer
Snarkerer

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Jake Luvolk
Wisp Class: Beast
Academy Rank: Beginner

Back to top Go down

Let's Not Fall Out Of A Tree (Ax and Jake and maybe other people) Empty Re: Let's Not Fall Out Of A Tree (Ax and Jake and maybe other people)

Post by Axel The Bunny Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:48 pm

"Sir, we're sending some people now."
Axel was fully aware that the bear was probably one of the students, most likely Jake, since he was currently the only shapeshifter with a bear form in the academy at the moment. Still he was causing trouble and it was Axel's job to keep the newbies in check. If that meant letting animal control lock them up, that was exactly what would happen.
He hung up the phone and discretely transported to a branch on a tree above the bear. Only to find that the branch was occupied at the time.
Instead of landing on the branch Axel ended up landing on something else, or someone. He didn't have time to learn who however, because the sound of the branch cracking distracted him from that.
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny
Psychotic Bunny
Psychotic Bunny

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Axel Stone
Wisp Class: Matter
Academy Rank: Advanced

Back to top Go down

Post by Catigatoroala Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:50 am

Cat was a little distracted when the people having a picnic under the shade of the tree suddenly yelped and hurried off, leaving their food behind. Frowning, she leaned forward a little to see what was going on. A black bear loped into view. Cat's eyebrows went straight up. Then she grinned. This was something you didn't see every day.
     Then she couldn't really see anything at all, because something landed on her.
     "What the-"
     There was a cracking noise.
     Claudia spoke. {I told you so.}
     Cat used her telekinesis to shove whatever it was - it seemed like a person, though Cat had no idea where the heck the person could have come from - away. She was about to swing onto the lower branch she had used to get up, but then the branch gave. She toppled, and as the ground came up to meet her, she rolled, somersaulting out of her fall and onto her feet. She stumbled only a little, and managed not to die. Which was pretty good by her standards.
     {I still told you so.}
     Shut up, Claudia.
     Now that the danger had passed, she recollected her thoughts as she calmly dusted off her cargo pants, and before even whirling around, she said, "What the heck was that, Ax?"
     Turning around, she had expected to see the spiky-haired boy, but she had forgotten about the black bear. But then another, more important matter seized her mind. "Holy crap, where's my ukulele?"

Last edited by Catigatoroala on Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Catigatoroala
Catigatoroala
Axel's Chair
Axel's Chair

Location : Right behind you, stealing your taxi. Don't have one? Exactly.

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Catryn Greyling
Wisp Class: Sage
Academy Rank: Intermediate I

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneralArin Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:32 pm

Jake gave a started noise and jumped back when the tree branch above him snapped and fell. 
Girls are falling from the sky! Wayne exclaimed.
Or from that tree. Jake said, watching her catch herself with a roll. 
Wayne gave a shrug. 
Jake cocked his head and laid back his ears when she suddenly whipped around, getting mad at Axel for doing something. Then she seemed to remember he was a bear. Then she apparently thought that wasn't as important as her instrument. Jake looked around. He guessed she was the one he heard playing earlier. He didn't see the ukulele off hand, though.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
Snarkerer
Snarkerer

Main Character Sheet
Main Esper: Jake Luvolk
Wisp Class: Beast
Academy Rank: Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down